Employment Law Advice for Employers
Employment law can be a minefield for employers given the myriad of complex legislation which governs the relationship between the employee and employer. By choosing to work with specialist employment solicitors employers with employment law issues can be confident of getting the very best advice.
Because we work for both employees and employers, we believe we have a tactical advantage in assisting you to avoid costly and time-consuming Tribunal proceedings. However, if you face litigation we will strive to achieve the best possible outcome for you either by way of early settlement or representing you at a Tribunal hearing against claims brought by employees.
From contracts and staff handbooks right through to representation at Tribunals, we can support you with policies and procedures to maintain and improve your work force and deal with any issues that arise along the way. Good industrial relations are a business asset. Industrial disputes can be time consuming and expensive and we emphasise the need for pre-emptive action. We can assist you to develop a strategy to minimize the potential of litigation.
Proper advice is essential at an early stage.
Our services include:
- Advice on contracts of employment
- Advice on employee handbooks and policies
- Advice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures
- Representing employers in the defence of unfair dismissal claims and claims brought pursuant to anti-discrimination legislation.
- Representing employers in the defence of breach of contract claims such as unlawful deduction of wages.
- Advising and representing employers on issues relating to redundancy and TUPE.
- Advice on parental rights, maternity, paternity, adoption leave and pay, flexible working arrangements, equal pay and equal opportunities
- Providing advice on bullying and harassment in the workplace.