Buying A Property
Buying a property will be one of the biggest purchases in your lifetime and can sometimes feel like an overwhelming process. It is vital you employ a good solicitor to carry out the property purchase conveyancing.
At Stewarts we believe it should also be an exciting time, and we try to make it as exciting as possible, by simplifying the process, using uncomplicated language and holding your hand at every step.
With our expertise we ensure that you are purchasing a good legal and marketable title, as we are here not only to look after you now, but also when it becomes time to move on and sell the property.
Avoid hidden charges
With Stewarts, what you see is what you get. Unlike many solicitors, we will not quote you a low fee, only to boost it up with numerous ‘extra’ charges.
Our standard charges include many of the things other conveyancing solicitors charge extra for, such as:
- Completing Land Registry application forms
- Dealing with leasehold properties
- Acting for the mortgage lender on your purchase
- Completing the stamp duty land tax return to HMRC (required in all cases, even when the price is below the stamp duty threshold)
So when you are comparing quotes, always check what’s included in the price so you can be sure you compare like with like.
As one of the leading property solicitors in Northern Ireland operating out of offices in Belfast, Newtownards, Holywood, Ballymena, Comber and Kircubbin, our team of specialist property (conveyancing) solicitors can guide you through the legal process of buying your property. You can even get an online conveyancing quote.
Buying Process Key Steps
- You instruct Stewarts to act on your behalf.
- Once we have received the legal documents from the seller’s solicitors, we shall investigate the title, raise enquiries and apply for searches.
- On receipt of your mortgage offer and valuation, we ensure that it accurately reflects the information provided by the seller’s solicitors.
- Once we are satisfied we shall report to you on our findings. At this point you will sign the mortgage deed and contract and we shall request the deposit and any balance monies we require from you.
- Exchange contracts and fix the completion date.
- Final searches are undertaken and monies requested from your lender.
- Day of completion – the day you can collect your keys and move.
- On receipt of the documentation from the seller’s solicitors, we complete.
- Obviously each transaction is unique and we will advise you immediately of any issues that arise, and what you can do to assist the process.